Friday, May 23, 2008

AVI WOKE UP CRANKY

May 21, 2008. We are in Wyoming heading to Yellow stone. For a moment I am going to take you back to Ditch Creek camping ground in South Dakota where we camped yesterday. Here is what happened . I stole Avi's mattress and went to sleep early at 10:30 PM before Avi and Andy. They were sat down by the fire. Avi's mattress was more comfortable than mine. I had a good sleep night. The night was cold and raining.Whenever we are camping Andy sleep in the middle. Avi and I sleep on left and right side of him. Sleeping inside a tent was enjoyable. No human being by us. The only thing I was listening to was birds singing and a creek by us flowing.

While we were eating breakfast in the morning, I asked Avi whether he had a good night sleep or not. He said , "No Sisay". I asked why? He said you stole my mattress. Lol !! He woke up cranky. Courtesy of Avi -He is saying I was cranky because It was cold.

It was winter of 2007. Avi, I and a couple of people went to DC for a dinner. It was too cold. We were walking. I couldn't stand the cold. I didn't have anything to do. I said " Avi please hug me":-)He yelled at me. Before we start travelling Avi sent us a list of items to prepare for the trip for cold and hot weather. He said "Sisay I am not going to hear saying Avi please hug me any more" . Based on that I was prepared for cold and hot weather but not like freaking cold snow. I thought winter was over so there will not be snow any more. However, in Wyoming there is snow until now. Right now snow is falling and we are going to camp tonight at yellow stone.
The other thing about Ditch Creek camping was where we actually washed dishes.I washed the dishes water from the creek.It looks clean visually may be because the water was coming either from a spring source or from melted snow on the mountains.There was no shower service in this camping.I washed my face and hair by the creek water.Andy also washed his feet.

Andy as usual woke up early in the morning and went for hiking on Black Hills Forest on hilly areas.He said he enjoyed it a lot.Overall, we had a wonderful time there and had a lot of fun.Avi also gave us a small training on how to light the fire. I brought the firewood with Avi from a pine wood forest.

When we were driving in a town called Worland looking for a motel we were pulled over by a Wyoming police for driving 40 miles on 30 miles speed limit. No ticket was given. Thanks to Avi's and Andy's good driving record, and having him a little fun and making lough the police.

Hey guys we are entering Yellow Stone National Park, which is the first national park in the world. Wow!! It is exciting.I want also let you know that Internet signal is not always available in the mountain. So I apologize for posting out dated blogs. Keep in touch.

2 comments:

Alabyrinth said...

That is simply amazing!

I would have expected AVI to wake you up and throw you off of his mattress! Perhaps he is ill? I have not been able to see any pictures! You must take many many more pictures because everyone here is working and dragging through the "Rainy Season" and trying to vicariously gain a bit of vacation! I have noticed when Avi is cranky he becomes less so if you take lots of pictures of him when he is not expecting it. Avi enjoys complaining, so the more you can get him to complain, the happier he will be.

~Kelly

PS. There is a new critter wandering around the pool over the last few days, a BIG (about 35lb) Groundhog. I have named him Avi. He eats honeysuckle flowers. He is cranky too. Moves kinda slow and careful like.

Unknown said...

I was born in Worland! You guys are in my homeland. It is like me going to Africa or Israel. Enjoy!